If you had it your way, you could spend every moment of every day with your beloved pooch. Unfortunately, work, school and other obligations sometimes force you to leave your Stamford apartment for a few hours. During that time, your dog is capable of getting into all kinds of mischief. Entertaining your dog isn’t as difficult as it might seem; however, the right toys or even a channel on TV can make a world of difference.
5 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy When You’re Gone
- Keep the TV on with a timer. Some dogs love TV just as much as you do. When in doubt, leave the TV on Animal Planet while you’re away. Make sure to set your TV so it turns off after 1 hour or whatever your preference is.
- Stuff a hollow dog toy with peanut butter. Combine entertainment with a treat your dog will love. This simple trick can keep your four-legged friend happy for hours.
- Provide plenty of high-quality chew toys. Your dog needs something fun to chew on while you’re away—otherwise, you might return to find gnaw marks on your furniture or other prized possessions. The best chew toys cannot easily be destroyed, even by your dog’s powerful teeth. Several chew toys are specifically designed for aggressive dogs; these may be your best bet. Introduce new toys occasionally to keep your dog interested.
- Invest in a Jolly Ball. A great alternative to a typical chew toy, a Jolly Ball can provide hours of entertainment, not only when you’re with your dog, but also when you’re away.
- Alternate toys. No matter how many toys you purchase, your dog will eventually tire of them and desire something new. Thankfully, you don’t need to continue to buy new toys indefinitely; simply keep a few toys on display and hide the rest. Alternate regularly to make old toys seem fresh.
It doesn’t take much to make your dog happy. A little creativity and a few simple tools can go a long way. Make the commitment to show your dog how much your care, even when you have to leave your apartment for a few hours or a full day.
Pet-friendly living is a priority at 75 Tresser. Get in touch today to learn more about our layouts and amenities.